This is a recipe for a quick chutney that goes well with idlis,dosas and Dhirdi
- 2 tablespoons of chutney powder such as Priya idli Karam ( or more if you like the chutney spicy)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Combine all the ingredients to make a quick chutney !
I like to add tempering to my chutney. It seems to awaken the flavors for me:)
For the tempering-
- 1 teaspoon oil plus 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 1 dry red chill
- 2 to 3 curry leaves.
Add the tempering to the chutney and enjoy!