A sure way to get your family to enjoy kale, the super food! Learn how these 6 simple ingredients that transform kale into irresistible chips!
These masala kale chips are one those rare foods that are so tempting and are good for you. So, I indulged! Truth be told, I was not sure if I would have any these addictive kale chips left to be photographed 🙂
They are super easy to make. Just make sure to follow the instructions to get the best tasting, super crunchy kale chips.
I got a huge bunch of kale and stripped the leaves off the tough stems. What works for me is to fold the leaf in half vertically and pull it off the stems.
Next, I washed and spun them in the salad spinner to get rid of the extra water. Finally I air dried them by spreading them on kitchen towels. It is important to dry them in order to get crispy chips.
I set the oven to preheat at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, I combined the extra virgin olive oil, cumin seed powder, turmeric, red chili powder, chat masala and kosher salt. I put the kale leaves in the bowl and massaged the flavored oil into the leaves.
Next I arranged the kale leaves in a single layer on lightly greased baking sheets. I needed two big sized baking sheets.
Once baked, cool for a few minutes and enjoy the appetizing snack! If at all you have any left, they store well at room temperature.
Massaged Kale Masala Chips
- 1 big bunch of kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil + some to lightly grease the baking trays
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- Kosher salt to taste
To make the Massaged Kale Masala Chips-
- Remove the tough stems from the kale leaves by folding them in half vertically and sliding the leaf off the stem. Wash the leaves and dry them very well.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil with the rest of the ingredients. Add the dried kale leaves and massage the spiced oil into the leaves with your fingertips to coat all the leaves.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets and arrange the leaves in a single layer on the sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the trays and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the chips cool for a few minutes. They will crisp up even more as they cool.
Enjoy these guilt free, tempting masala kale chips!