Delectable, dairy free, gluten free, guilt free,egg-less ice cream with just 3 main, healthy ingredients. No churning required! Vegan alternative in recipe, as well ❤
Dear friends of Indfused,
Indfused is 4 years old! I cannot believe it myself. It has been a journey of passion and hard work. I have enjoyed creating easy, healthy, streamlined, Indian and Indian fusion recipes that can be made with local ingredients.
It is extremely gratifying when Indfused’s followers write to me or tell me about their favorite recipes from the blog, send me photos of the recipe they recreated for their families or for a party. So please continue to keep the love coming. I love you all too ❤
Let’s celebrate our love with guilt free and delectable Avocado Gulkand Ice Cream!! Ya..aay!!
With just 3 main and healthy ingredients- avocado, gulkand and coconut milk, this dairy free ice cream is creamy and oh so yummy! Gulkand is a rose petal jam. According to Ayurveda, it has a cooling effect on the body so this makes it a perfect, guilt free dessert for the summer. It is readily available in Indian grocery stores. This easy recipe requires no churning either.
Avocado Gulkand Ice Cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey ( or maple syrup for a vegan option )
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Touch of salt
- 1 tablespoon good quality gulkand/ rose petal jam
To make the Avocado Gulkand Ice Cream
- In a blender, blend the mashed avocado with the coconut milk, honey, lime juice and salt until the avocado is well blended and creamy. Do not add any water. I had to stop the blender and stir with a spatula a couple of times to make sure that there are no avocado lumps in the mixture.
- Remove the mixture to a glass /freezable container.
- Stir the gulkand into the ice cream mixture.
- Cover the container tightly with plastic wrap and then cover with its tight fitting lid.
- Freeze the mixture for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving, let the ice cream sit on the counter for a minute or two ,so it is easy to scoop.
Enjoy your guilt free treat!