Indfused’s Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque, now made even easier with the help of an air fryer! A healthy, figure friendly bisque, so flavorful and velvety that you will not miss the cream!
I hope you are all staying indoors and staying safe. We are doing the same, doing our part to keep ourselves and everyone around us safe as well. We are avoiding going food shopping as much as we can, and I am trying to use the groceries in our pantry, refrigerator and freezer.
Looking on the brighter side, I am getting more and more creative with my home cooking! Taking stock of what I have on hand, I am creating new recipes and also substituting some ingredients in our favorite recipes.
As I write this post, it is a raw day outside and the rain is pouring incessantly. Eyeing the butternut squash in the refrigerator, I decided to make our favorite Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.
This time I tossed the butternut squash, onion, garlic, olive oil, turmeric, chili powder, salt and pepper and roasted it all together in the air fryer for 20 minutes. How easy is that!
I was also happy I was saving energy and time using the air fryer instead of the oven.
But wait…I did not have any apples for this recipe. So, I looked to see what I could use instead and found two snack containers of applesauce! They worked out so well!
So here is Indfused’s original recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque.
For the air fryer recipe–
- In a bowl, combine the cubed butternut squash, onion, garlic, apple slices with the oil, turmeric and chili powders, salt and pepper as per the recipe in the link above.
- Roast in the air fryer for 20 minutes. Let it cool.
- Add the chicken stock as per the recipe. Use an immersion blender or a blender to blend all together.
- Heat the soup and simmer together to assimilate the flavors, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with pepitas, if you like.
- The timing for the air fryer is as per my air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Individual air fryers may vary.
- I did not have apples at home, so used 2 snack cups of applesauce instead. I added it at step 3, with the chicken stock.
- This recipe can also be made with vegetable stock.
Stay indoors, stay safe and healthy everyone!