Makes about 1 cup
Canapés anyone? How about one with this luscious pear chutney and a touch of gorgonzola cheese? These scrumptious canapés are sure to get your party started on the right foot!
Thanksgiving is an exciting time for my family. We all cook together and like to nibble on a variety of appetizers as we cook. This is the first time I made this golden chutney with the distinctive pear texture to it. But the gingery chutney won us all over so fast that my husband asked me to make it every year from now on!
And I don’t mind at all because can you believe that the chutney took only 7 ingredients and 8 minutes to cook to this pure golden deliciousness ?
So here is the recipe-
- 2 medium Bosc pears, peeled ,cored , quartered and sliced into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder. I used medium hot chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries. I used Ocean Spray craisins
To make the chutney
- In a pan, simply combine the pear slices,fresh ginger, sugar, the red chili powder and salt over medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the dried cranberries and cook for another 4 minutes on low. Remove from heat and let cool.
Nibble Nibble, my dear friends.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!