Are you looking for an easy fusion recipe for the weekend BBQ? Well then you will love this quick and easy to remember, 4 ingredient marinade! I simply combine these with the chicken in a zip lock bag, shake the closed bag, and let it take care of itself in the refrigerator.
Come time to grill, I put the chicken on the grill and discard the marinade with the bag. Easy clean up too. And come time to eat (my favorite time), the result is a succulent tandoori flavored chicken, laced with honey, ginger and lime! The sweetness of the honey is just the perfect balance for the tandoori masala, ginger and lime! I brushed them with a touch of ghee and honey, just as they came off the grill- to enhance the flavor as you take your first bite! Yum!
Ingredients for the quick and easy recipe-
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
For the marinade-
- 1 tablespoon store bought tandoori masala or tandoori paste (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ghee +1 teaspoon honey mixed together
To make the Tandoori Honey Lime Chicken-
- In a zip lock bag, combine the chicken with all ingredients for the marinade. Close bag, and shake it so all the chicken pieces are covered with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Baste with the ghee and honey mixture and serve with a salad such as the beetroot and pear koshimbir, the watermelon pizza salad with curried quinoa or the masala papad salad cones!
Have a great weekend everyone!