This is a simple,quick and easy to make raita, not to mention figure friendly, that is creamy and delicious.It goes really well with the Lettuce Wrap with Tandoori Chicken and many other chicken and meat dishes.It is a cooling summer favorite of mine.
Ingredients for the raita-
- 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt, such as the Kirkland brand
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 small slices of jalapeno or serrano chili
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
To make the raita-
- Whisk the yogurt with the water. Add the sugar, salt, chili slices and the chopped cilantro. Stir all together until blended.
- Add the sliced onion and stir to coat the onion with the creamy yogurt mixture.
- Remove the jalapeno or serrano chili slices and serve. The chili gives a hint of spiciness, adding a layer of flavor to this raita.
- This raita can be made ahead of time. I make the yogurt mixture ahead of time, remove the chili( if I don’t want the raita spicy) and refrigerate it. Then I just add the sliced onion, coat it well with the creamy yogurt mixture and serve!