I am still drooling thinking of the flavors of the mango and avocado combined with the crunch of the jicama and the smokiness of the corn.The grilled lime, bursts with juiciness! The curried black beans marry all the flavors together making for a super delicious salad! So although this recipe will serve 4, you may want to keep it all for yourself 🙂
I had made a double batch of the curried black beans when I made the Summer Lunch Salad, So this salad was a breeze to put together at the barbeque!
- 1 cup of the curried black beans. (Recipe in Summer Lunch Salad)
- kernels from 1 grilled ear of corn
- 1/2 lime, grilled
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into bite size slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of julienned leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
To put the salad together-
- Prepare and cool the curried black beans to room temperature.(if you do not have a second batch cooked like I did:)
- Grill the corn and 1/2 a lime. After the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the kernels using a knife to ‘scrape’ them down in a bowl,
- To the jicama slices, add the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the black beans, grilled corn, jicama, mango, lettuce, avocado and the grape tomatoes.
- Squeeze the grilled lime, juice, pulp and all! Toss and serve!
If you do not have grilled corn, ‘roast’ the corn kernels in a pan.Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan over medium heat,add the corn and a pinch of salt and sauté it until the kernels are roasted.
You can substitute 1/2 lime for the 1/2 grilled lime too.
You may add grilled chicken to this salad too.