Grape Raita Wrap
Makes 2 big sized wraps
I am still in denial about the summer ending 😦 Luckily we still have some warm days when I enjoy sitting outside. And this wrap with the cool Grape Raita is perfect for such a day! I went to the grocery store just as they were unpacking boxes of fresh red grapes. The fresh, crisp and sweet red grapes are my favorite for this easy 5 ingredient raita. The creamy raita juxtaposed with the spicy hummus and the fresh veggies is a healthy treat! Plus, it is a quick and easy meal, that is very filling.
5 ingredients for the Grape Raita-
- 1/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt, such as the Kirkland brand at Costcos
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala ( see basic Indian Pantry list)
- 1/4 jalapeno sliced
- sea salt to taste
- a big handful of grapes, about 21 washed and cut in half
To make the Grape Raita-
- To the Greek yogurt, add the chaat masala, the sliced jalapeno and sea salt. Mix well together. Remove the jalapeno slices and discard. The jalapeno slices when mixed with the yogurt impart a spicy layer of flavor to the yogurt . I like that flavor and it is said that green chilies help with the metabolism. So why not, right?
- Add the cut grapes, mix and enjoy!
Other ingredientsI used for the wrap-
- 2 lavash pita breads, such as Joseph’s Flax oat bran and whole wheat lavash bread
- Hummus -I used a spicy Mediterranean hummus. You know I like my food spicy:)
- grated carrots
- store bought broccoli slaw .I used the Trader Joe’s broccoli slaw
- avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
To make the wrap-
- Spread the hummus on the lavash bread, add the carrots, broccoli slaw and avocado. Top with the creamy Grape Raita and roll!
Enjoy Wrap Wednesday! Do let me know how you like the Grape Raita wraps. I hope you like them as much as we did. My husband actually enjoyed eating healthy with this wrap ! That was a huge win for me 🙂