Makes 1 ( 10 inch pie)
This delicate, fluffy, velvety, nectarous mango pie will simply blow you over! It sure was an exciting experiment for me to put together this recipe the first time I made it, a couple of years ago. Now this exquisite pie has become my ‘go to’, ‘goof proof’, and ‘crowd pleaser’ dessert recipe for the summer!
Mango is called the king of fruit in India. This pie will tell you why! I use the canned mango pulp from India because in mind there is no substitute for the divine taste of the Alphonso or the Amrut mangoes. You may use the other type of fresh mangoes. Make sure to add sugar according to your desired sweetness. The cream cheese gives me the satisfaction of eating cheesecake but with an airy mousse like texture!
And as for time….Do you have those times when you feel overwhelmed about the menu you planned and there is a time crunch? Well, this easy breezy Mango pie has always made me look so goodJ And because this recipe can also be made in a jiffy using the readymade crust and whipped topping, while it refrigerates to set, I am free to move on to making the rest of the meal.
So it is an all-around ‘win win’ situation for me with this special dessert. Do let me know how you like this Mango pie. I am sharing with you one of my absolutely favorite desserts, my dear friends!
- 0.25 ounces (1 envelope) non flavored gelatin like Knox
- 1 glass warm water
- 4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups mango puree. I use Ratna brand sweetened mango pulp
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces whipped cream or whipped topping such as Cool whip, thawed
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1(10 inch) graham cracker crust, homemade or readymade such as Keebler brand graham cracker crust.
- To make the Mango pie-
- Add the gelatin in the glass of warm water. Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Blend together the dissolved gelatin mixture, the cream cheese, mango pulp, sugar and salt.
- Fold in the whipped cream or topping.
- Pour into the premade graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate to set, about 4 hours.
Enjoy! I am taking my Mango pie and joining the fiesta hosted by the ever gracious Angie co-hosted by Quinn and Naina Looking forward to seeing these amazingly talented friends.