Makes 1 cup of thick lassi
How about a refreshing, cool Lassi to kick off summer? Summer officially began on Sunday! All kinds of fresh fruit and berries are abundantly available in the markets. In my mind, blueberries seem to take center stage these days with their super health food status and I have been using them in salads and desserts too.
This blueberry lassi laced with cardamom is packed with foods well known for their health benefits-Greek yogurt, blueberries, honey and cardamom. It is a versatile drink that can be had any time of the day. I had it at breakfast and loved it. Later I thought of having it again as dessert because my Indian taste buds associate cardamom with desserts. Hmmm….Blueberry Lassi, as my dessert…….now that would be a win win situation….could I finally see the scale tip the other way as I satisfy my sweet tooth?
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, picked over and washed
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ to 1 tablespoon honey, depending on the sweetness of the blueberries
- 2 green cardamom pods, shelled and powdered
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water to blend the lassi
- Crushed ice to serve
To make the Blueberry Lassi-
- Simply blend all ingredients in a blender. It makes a thick lassi.
- Serve the lassi over crushed ice.
Enjoy! Here’s to summer!