Mango Avocado Chipotle Spread/Dip

on

Makes about ¾ cup

Mango Avocado Chipotle Dip/ Spread! need I say more? Yum!
Mango Avocado Chipotle Dip/ Spread! need I say more? Yum!

Can other foodies relate to this? ‘This’ happens to me so often! I am hungry and go foraging in the kitchen. I see so many things I like, that I cannot make up my mind what I should eat first. This time I saw mangoes, avocado, pineapple, some left over chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and some cheese, breads and crackers I like. That is how this Spread/dip began in my head.

The aroma of the cumin seed sizzling in ghee whets my appetite.

Tadka- tempering cumin seeds in ghee
Tadka- tempering cumin seeds in ghee
Gorgeous looking fresh mango, chipotle chili and avocado!
Gorgeous looking fresh mango, chipotle chili and avocado!

So I began with that and then added the other ingredients. The fresh lime juice lifts the flavors of the mango, avocado and chipotle to a whole new level! Yum!

Talk about versatile! This Mango Avocado Chipotle Spread tasted awesome on toasted bread with Swiss cheese and on crackers. I also liked it as a dip with the pineapple wedges and wish I had some grilled fish to have this with. Well…next time!

Does ‘this’ happen to you?

• 1 teaspoon ghee
  • ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1 small or ½ big mango, peeled and cut into pieces
  • ½ Hass avocado, peeled and seeded
  • ½ teaspoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Sea salt to taste

To make the Spread/dip

• Heat the ghee over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle. You will smell the aroma of the cumin seed. Remove from heat and let cool.
  • Meanwhile add all the other ingredients to the blender. Add the ghee an dcumin seed tempering and blend all together.
  • Serve the velvety, yummy spread/dip with your favorite foods!

Have a great weekend!

1. Nandini says:

This sounds delicious 🙂

Thanks Nandini!

2. Dips, pachadis, chutneys of all types are what I live for….. Especially those with a blend of tastes like this one. 🙂 And the aroma is ghee is enough to make me hungry. Add cumin to that and I am in heaven.

I love all kinds of dips, pachadis and chutneys too, Aruna!
      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! You made my day!

The ingredients are fresh, ones I like and will need to go to farmers market to get them 🙂 See you later!

Thanks Robin! I love going to the farmers market too. Hope you get some good mangoes:)

4. This healthy colored Dip looks delicious,Sandhya…..

Thank you Swapna!

5. What a wonderful dip, perfect for the summer.

Thank you Suzanne!

6. Those look like flat pretzels to dip in the spread. We’ve been getting them and liking them….a lot. I’ll have to try your dip.

Yes we are hooked on those flat pretzels. Got a huge bag from Costco’s:) The dip tastes awesome with them!

7. Mangos are the best kept secrets! 🍓

8. I love everything about this dip/spread and imagining it with fish! Very exciting!