Makes about ¾ cup
Can other foodies relate to this? ‘This’ happens to me so often! I am hungry and go foraging in the kitchen. I see so many things I like, that I cannot make up my mind what I should eat first. This time I saw mangoes, avocado, pineapple, some left over chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and some cheese, breads and crackers I like. That is how this Spread/dip began in my head.
The aroma of the cumin seed sizzling in ghee whets my appetite.
So I began with that and then added the other ingredients. The fresh lime juice lifts the flavors of the mango, avocado and chipotle to a whole new level! Yum!
Talk about versatile! This Mango Avocado Chipotle Spread tasted awesome on toasted bread with Swiss cheese and on crackers. I also liked it as a dip with the pineapple wedges and wish I had some grilled fish to have this with. Well…next time!
Does ‘this’ happen to you?
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small or ½ big mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- ½ Hass avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt to taste
To make the Spread/dip
- Heat the ghee over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle. You will smell the aroma of the cumin seed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile add all the other ingredients to the blender. Add the ghee an dcumin seed tempering and blend all together.
- Serve the velvety, yummy spread/dip with your favorite foods!
Have a great weekend!