Are you enjoying the summer evenings? How about enjoying the sunset with this Ginger Peach Lassi in hand? Well it is a super quick and easy recipe too! I danced with joy when I tasted my experiment. I could have this for breakfast and dessert !
The markets are flooded with juicy peaches that are simply delicious. So why not combine them with the goodness of kefir, chia and ginger, right? The peaches are so sweet that I did not need to add any sugar to them. I left the skin on for extra fiber and it blended pretty well too. The chia seed powder gives it an extra pudding like texture. I like dry ginger powder here for the subtle backdrop it provides for us to enjoy the distinguished flavor of the peach.
As my husband puts it, I have found yet another way of sneaking in the ‘good for you’ ingredients in one ambrosial lassi 🙂
To make the lassi for 2-
- 2 large peaches, pitted
- 2 teaspoon chia seed powder. I used white chia seed powder from Whole Foods
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder, or to taste
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup kefir. I made mine with skim milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar/ stevia or agave to taste
To make the Ginger Peach Kefir lassi-
- In a blender, simply add the peaches, chia seed powder, dry ginger powder and the sea salt and blend until the peaches are pureed. Pour into individual glasses and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the blender. Add the kefir and the sugar or sweetener of your choice and blend them together. Pour on top of the pureed peach mixture.
- Stir layers together, creating designs and enjoy!
- Refrigerate peaches to have a ready to drink cool drink for the summer.
- You can add mango chunks to this lassi for a flavor variation too.
Here’s to enjoying the summer sunsets!