Gluten free spaghetti squash noodles and vegetables in an absolutely delectable Indian-American-Chinese sauce! Finger licking good ,vegetarian sizzler in a cast iron pan!
Are you, like me, trying to eat healthier between Diwali and Thanksgiving? If so, these spaghetti squash noodles will make it so easy for you!
Please allow me to tell you once again about my long term infatuation with spaghetti squash. I absolutely am fascinated by this squash every time I scoop out the cooked strands. And besides offering a gluten free noodle option, the taste and texture of the ‘noodles’ make it a winner in my book! I roasted the spaghetti squash in the oven but it can also be cooked in the microwave as I did for the Scrumptious Spaghetti Squash Upma.
I decided to combine it with another love of my life- hoisin sauce:) I love the Indo Chinese sauces too but they generally do not have hoisin sauce in them. So my attempt was to combine some of the flavors I love, in a sauce. To the hoisin sauce I added sriracha and soy sauce, Asian sesame oil, black vinegar, ginger, garlic and honey.
Also, I made this in my favorite cast iron pan for the sizzler effect! The sauce caramelizes to make it even more finger licking good!
This recipe, needless to say, is going to be a keeper at our house! Here are the ingredients and the easy recipe!
Spaghetti Squash Noodles in a Spicy Honey Hoisin Sauce
- 1 small/ medium sized spaghetti squash,roasted/ baked (about 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash ‘noodles’)
- 1 teaspoon oil to apply to the spaghetti squash before roasting
For the sauce-
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce or hot chili sauce to taste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
For the stir fry-
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ¾ cup broccoli florets and stems, cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup sliced carrots
- ¾ cup sliced red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the Spaghetti Squash Noodles in Spicy Honey Hoisin sauce-
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and apply the 1 teaspoon of oil. Bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove seeds and fibrous center and harvest the spaghetti with a fork. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, stir well and set aside. Cut all the vegetables.
- Heat the cast iron pan, with the one teaspoon oil. Add the broccoli, carrots, cabbage, onion and red pepper in that order, stir, add the salt and pepper and stir fry for just a minute or until the vegetables are cooked but still retain their crunch. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the spaghetti squash noodles and the sauce and toss to coat the noodles. Let the sauce simmer on low for about 5 minutes to caramelize. Add the stir fried veggies back in the pan and remove from heat.
- Toss and serve!
Enjoy these noodles with oodles of flavor!
Hope you have a great week end!