Almond Butter and White Chocolate Truffles

Wickedly delicious and so simple to make! This fool proof recipe, with my important tip, will make you look like a truffle pro! So read on.

#easy #recipe for #almond #butter #truffles, perfect for the #holidays, with #white #chocolate and #mini #m&ms
Almond butter and white chocolate truffles!
The truffles up close!  Irresistible, aren’t they?

These exquisite truffles are truly an enticing dessert and also can be great gifts……only if you are able to part with them! I had a hard time letting them go even as long as  I was photographing them. luckily, I did not need all of them for the pictures 🙂

So are you excited to make them? Let me begin by telling you about the everyday ingredients I used for these truffles. I got fresh almond butter at Whole foods. These come out great with peanut butter too, by the way. I added a tablespoon coarsely pistachios in the filling because I like the taste of almonds and pistachios together but peanuts or almonds can be substituted for that too.

Step 1 is to make the almond butter centers by just mixing the ingredients and making them into little balls. Freeze them for 15 minutes, which gives us time to fetch the white chocolate and the m&ms.

Step 2, dunk them in the melted chocolate and add the candy/decoration on top! Be sure to read my tip below for making the coating look awesome!

Almond butter filling balls ready to be dipped in melted white chocolate and topped with mini m&m
Almond butter filling ball, dipped in melted white chocolate

For the coating, white chocolate squares worked better than using white chocolate chips for this recipe, in my experience. And here is the tip that makes one look like a pro. The oil added to the chocolate when melting gives it a sheen even with the shortcut method of melting the chocolate in the microwave!

And now, here is the goof proof recipe-

Almond Butter and White chocolate Truffles

For the centers-

• 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons almond butter
  • ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pistachio nuts

For the coating-

• 3 ounces white chocolate squares
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil

For decorating-

• Mini m&m

To make the Almond Butter and White Chocolate Truffles-

1. Simply combine all the ingredients for the filling until it is well mixed and comes together in a ball. Divide into 20 parts and roll into balls. Place the balls on a plate covered with wax paper and freeze them, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
  2. For the chocolate coating, break the chocolate bar into pieces and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Add the oil and microwave for 2 ½ minutes (or until melted), stirring after each minute.
  3. Remove the filling from the freezer. With the help of a toothpick, dip each ball into the chocolate coating and place it on the wax paper. Remove the toothpick and add the mini m & m, covering the tooth pick hole in the process.
  4. Repeat with the other balls of filling. Place the truffles in the refrigerator for an hour for the coating to harden.
  5. Remove from the wax paper and serve.

Note : For a kesar-elaichi flavored filling, substitute the vanilla essence with 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder and a few strands of saffron, warmed and crushed.

Enjoy!

1. OldCountryGirl says:

Delicious. And they look so festive!

Thank you so much!

1. OldCountryGirl says:

You are very welcome! 🙂

2. Wow! Such yummy looking stuff 🙂

Thank you Somali!

3. Looks incredible !! yum yum yummy!!

Thanks Swapna!

4. So easy and so beautiful!! They are festive and just perfect for the Holidays!!

Thanks Suzanne. They really are easy and cute.

5. Now that is FESTIVE Sandyha….they look super yummy!!!

Thank you so much Marisa. i have to check out your festive Italian recipes. We love Italian food in our family.

1. So glad to hear Sandhya…they are not complicated, enjoy 🙂

6. How very Christmassy! I just got out the white chocolate to make another dessert but I am so tempted by this.

Cannot wait to see your white chocolate dessert, Aruna! These are super easy. Plus almond butter is nutritious and good for us, right? Well that is my excuse,anyway:)

1. Truer words were never spoken. :p

7. Linda says:

Beautiful little truffles Sandhya! Love the white chocolate coating 🙂

Thank you Linda!

8. So beautiful and delicious. I’m not sure I could stop with one… 🙂

Thank you so much Ronit. They are really bite size, so it is easy for me to pop a few in my mouth at a time:)

9. skd says:

This is brilliant Sandhya. Beautiful tree you decorated there. I’m sure it will be a hit with the kids as well as the elders.

Thank you so much Ana! you are so kind.

10. Truffles are perfect party food – my buckeye candy was featured recently which is similar. Filling rolled into a ball and dipped into chocolate. I mentioned 3 choices; using the wafers, chocolate chips plus paraffin beads or oil. All yummy 🙂

Judy, I have to check out your post. I have not tried using paraffin beads. Would oil work well with the white chocolate chips too?

1. I don’t know why not. I buy the white wafers at my local baking store and I don’t need to use oil or the paraffin. In the old days we used paraffin added to the chips. But oil is okay too – I like the beads for convenience.

Thanks Judy.

Wow, you’re quite the artist aren’t you Sandhya? I love the way you assembled those beautiful truffles and made a gorgeous Christmas tree, what a brilliant idea. Good tip to use oil to get the truffles shiny. REally lovely!

Thank you Loretta! You are so kind. I realized after seeing the pictures that I could have done a better tree:)

Thanks Lina!

Oh my goodness Sandhya! These look so amazing and I love the presentation 🙂

Thank you Antonia!

13. Just incredible darling Sandhya ❤

Thank you so much ,dear Linda!

Wow, you treat us to the best inside scoop on making delicious treats with not too many hard directions and a Fool proof secret! Thank you, Sandhya, you are a lovely lady and friend. ♡

Thank you Robin.I lost my mom years ago but growing up had watched her teach cooking classes. She also published two cookbooks in Marathi, one of the many Indian languages. Both in her classes and her cookbooks, she believed in sharing all her knowledge about the recipe, including the little tips and tricks. I like to follow her example. Thank you so much for noticing.
      Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas!

15. They look like parsi khaman ladoo which are filled with a sweet coconut filling with raisins, almonds and cardamon. The outer covering is made with cornflour. http://parsicuisine.com/rawa-ladoo/

Thanks!

Khaman ladoo sound super yummy!