Wickedly delicious and so simple to make! This fool proof recipe, with my important tip, will make you look like a truffle pro! So read on.
These exquisite truffles are truly an enticing dessert and also can be great gifts……only if you are able to part with them! I had a hard time letting them go even as long as I was photographing them. luckily, I did not need all of them for the pictures 🙂
So are you excited to make them? Let me begin by telling you about the everyday ingredients I used for these truffles. I got fresh almond butter at Whole foods. These come out great with peanut butter too, by the way. I added a tablespoon coarsely pistachios in the filling because I like the taste of almonds and pistachios together but peanuts or almonds can be substituted for that too.
Step 1 is to make the almond butter centers by just mixing the ingredients and making them into little balls. Freeze them for 15 minutes, which gives us time to fetch the white chocolate and the m&ms.
Step 2, dunk them in the melted chocolate and add the candy/decoration on top! Be sure to read my tip below for making the coating look awesome!
For the coating, white chocolate squares worked better than using white chocolate chips for this recipe, in my experience. And here is the tip that makes one look like a pro. The oil added to the chocolate when melting gives it a sheen even with the shortcut method of melting the chocolate in the microwave!
And now, here is the goof proof recipe-
Almond Butter and White chocolate Truffles
For the centers-
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pistachio nuts
For the coating-
- 3 ounces white chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Mini m&m
To make the Almond Butter and White Chocolate Truffles-
- Simply combine all the ingredients for the filling until it is well mixed and comes together in a ball. Divide into 20 parts and roll into balls. Place the balls on a plate covered with wax paper and freeze them, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- For the chocolate coating, break the chocolate bar into pieces and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Add the oil and microwave for 2 ½ minutes (or until melted), stirring after each minute.
- Remove the filling from the freezer. With the help of a toothpick, dip each ball into the chocolate coating and place it on the wax paper. Remove the toothpick and add the mini m & m, covering the tooth pick hole in the process.
- Repeat with the other balls of filling. Place the truffles in the refrigerator for an hour for the coating to harden.
- Remove from the wax paper and serve.
Note : For a kesar-elaichi flavored filling, substitute the vanilla essence with 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder and a few strands of saffron, warmed and crushed.