Growing up in India,for me summer meant a roomful of mangoes delivered in wooden crates.The dozens and dozens of mangoes ripening in the wooden crates, filled the house with the delicious aroma of the famous Alphonso mangoes.I ate mangoes in every form for breakfast,lunch and dinner!
Kulfi is like icecream.Traditional recipes for kulfi involve boiling the milk until it is thick in consistency. It is a time consuming recipe! This recipe below takes just minutes to make ,is creamy and super delicious ! Here in America, Mango kulfi is evocative of the summers in India.
Serve it at your next party and get ready for rave reviews!
Makes about 24 servings.
- 1 (30 ounce) can sweetened mango pulp
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 8 to 10 shelled salted pistachio nuts + 6 to 8 almonds + ¾ teaspoons of cardamom seeds- all powdered together
- In a large bowl, combine the mango pulp, condensed milk and sugar and mix well with an electric beater at medium speed.
- Add in the thawed whipped topping and blend with the electric beater at medium speed just until blended.
- Pour into freezer safe containers. Top with the powdered nuts and cardamom. Cover the containers tightly with plastic wrap and then place the lid of the containers.
- Freeze overnight in the freezer. Transfer to the refrigerator 5 minutes before serving.