Looking forward to a relaxing, Friday evening? For us, the relaxing always seems to spell an array of scrumptious appetizers with cocktails. More often than not, I repent overeating the deep fried appetizers……only after I have pigged out on them of course:)
These baked mini appetizers seem to hit the ‘spot’ without compromising on the aroma and taste of the fried stuff. So celebrate TGIF with these mouth watering, mini appetizers that take only 7 minutes to bake and seem to fly off the platters when served!
Mini muffin tins are a favorite of mine. They inspire me to make various bite size appetizers and desserts. I made these zesty cocktail bites with my home made chili. I like my food hot, so I topped some muffins with pickled jalapeño slices before baking and dotted the others with Sriracha hot sauce after baking!
The cocktail picks look huge in my pictures, but did look nice in real life. I am still learning to photograph the food. My children are my best or worst, but always honest, critics.
- Olive oil spray to lightly spray the mini muffin pan. I use extra virgin olive oil in my Misto oil spray can
- 1 cup chili , home made or ready made
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese. I used Kraft brand
- pickled jalapeño slices and Sriracha sauce for topping (optional)
To make the zesty cocktail bites-
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the mini muffin pan with the olive oil spray
- Combine the chili, egg and the grated cheese. Spoon the mixture in the prepared mini muffin tray.
- Top with jalapeno, if using and bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes or until the egg is cooked and the cheese is melty and ooh so yummy .
- Remove from tray,dot with Sriracha sauce, if using and serve!
Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend everyone!