Chilled Watermelon Soup

#Chilled #watermelon #soup for #hot #summer #day#quickand easy #recipe with #coconut,#cumin seed and #avocado
Chilled Watermelon Soup served in a frosty glass !

Chilled watermelon soup served in frosted cups! The heat wave continues in our neck of the woods, so this is a perfect first course. My husband remarked that the little avocado balls I ‘floated’ in the soup look like green olives, reminding him of martinis. Hey ! Whatever floats your boat, you know! One taste of the creamy, foamy, chilled soup and he was hooked;)

And did I mention that there is no need to turn the stove on, at all? Needless to say, that is why I concocted this recipe 🙂 It also is helpful that this soup can be made ahead and chilled!

The super sweet watermelons in the market now are perfect for this soup and the delicate seasonings let the flavor of the watermelon to shine through. It also has such a nice foamy texture when blended with the coconut cream! The avocado balls add a very nice contrast in both taste and texture.

Do try it this weekend and you will know what I mean.

Chilled Watermelon Soup

• 3 cups seedless watermelon flesh/chunks with rind removed
  • 2 tablespoons coconut cream
  • ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
  • 5~6 turns of freshly ground pepper
  • Sea salt to taste
  • ½ avocado for topping
  • Chili powder for sprinkling (optional)

To make the Chilled Watermelon Soup-

1. Simply, blend together the watermelon pieces, coconut cream, cumin seed powder, ground pepper and the sea salt until nice and foamy. Chill.
  2. Serve in frosted cups or glasses topped with avocado chunks or balls!
  3. Sit back, relax and enjoy the chilled watermelon soup!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Looks yummy Sandhya! The photo is awesome and I love that you can see the ‘cold’ coming off the frosted cup. The avocado balls are such a nice touch 🙂

Liked by 3 people

Thank you so much Antonia! Yes I was trying to get that’cold coming off the frosted glass’ look.So your review means a lot!

Thank you Lina!

What a brilliant idea, and so so good for a hot spell. I like your husband’s idea too 🙂

Thank you Loretta! Is it very hot there too? I am not complaining much because I am a complainer all through winter:)

3. Wow, this sounds really intriguing! Can’t wait for the warmer weather to try this out 🙂

Thanks Bec! It is very hot here right now!

4. Pam Huggins says:

I have never seen anything like this Sandhya! AND it looks like something I can do. WOW! You ALWAYS impress.
    Thank you!!! I’ll give it a shot.

Thank you Pam!

5. Thanks for the recipe Sandhya, looks like we can use it in between dish 🙂 refreshing and it looks fancy!

Thanks Indah!