Chilled watermelon soup served in frosted cups! The heat wave continues in our neck of the woods, so this is a perfect first course. My husband remarked that the little avocado balls I ‘floated’ in the soup look like green olives, reminding him of martinis. Hey ! Whatever floats your boat, you know! One taste of the creamy, foamy, chilled soup and he was hooked;)
And did I mention that there is no need to turn the stove on, at all? Needless to say, that is why I concocted this recipe 🙂 It also is helpful that this soup can be made ahead and chilled!
The super sweet watermelons in the market now are perfect for this soup and the delicate seasonings let the flavor of the watermelon to shine through. It also has such a nice foamy texture when blended with the coconut cream! The avocado balls add a very nice contrast in both taste and texture.
Do try it this weekend and you will know what I mean.
Chilled Watermelon Soup
- 3 cups seedless watermelon flesh/chunks with rind removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- 5~6 turns of freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ avocado for topping
- Chili powder for sprinkling (optional)
To make the Chilled Watermelon Soup-
- Simply, blend together the watermelon pieces, coconut cream, cumin seed powder, ground pepper and the sea salt until nice and foamy. Chill.
- Serve in frosted cups or glasses topped with avocado chunks or balls!
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the chilled watermelon soup!
Have a great weekend everyone!