Jalapeno Poppah Aappah

Making these aape again as they are perfect for this cool and rainy weather today!

Indian and Indian Fusion Cooking in America

Makes 14

# dosa #batter wrapped around #jalapeno #popper #flavored #cheesy #filling in the center. Easy recipe provides a #healthy version of the #favorite #appetizer Jalapeno Poppah Aapah! Crisp on the outside, fluffy inside with a yummy jalapeno popper flavored cheesy center!

My Bostonian friends will agree with me that Jalapeno Poppah Aappa is a totally wicked appetizah! Aapah, btw, is singular for aape:)

You all know that I am going crazy with my aape pan! The charm of eating my favorite fried foods using just a couple of drops of oil, is very alluring to me.

I  made dosa batter for my children who love dosas. So when my husband, who loves aappe, was looking for a quick bite before dinner, I thought of giving this appetizer a try, using the same batter. Psst…I love jalapeno poppers and was hungry too 🙂 Needless to say, it was an instant hit and loved by all!

I made two types- one using plain dosa batter and to another batch of the same batter, I…

View original post 384 more words

1. You are speaking my language!!! I love jalapeño poppers!

Then you will like these for sure Greg. I love jalapeno poppers too!

Thank you Marisa! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

1. We actually celebrate Thanksgiving in October, here in Canada, but thank-you Sandhya 🙂

2. Sheryl says:

These look incredible. . . And, I’m very impressed with your photography skills. I really like the photography in action with the cheese almost looking like it is in motion in the few seconds after you pulled the appetizer apart, but before the cheese dripped. ,

3. Sandhya, what perfect looking poppers! I bet they taste as good as they look!

These look amazing Sandhya – I love whatever pan it is you are using to get these results, I don’t think I’ve heard of it before, but they sure sound yummy!

Loretta, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I got my aape pan from India but after I wrote this post some friends bought it in stores and online. It is called the ebelskiver pan.

5. Sounds interesting dear.. Love the name of the dish

Thank you dear Sowmia!

6. Sandhya thanks for reposting since I had missed this earlier! How lovely and how ingenious to make halopeno poppers in an appam pan!

Thank you Indu!