4 ingredient, gluten free, guilt free, luscious ice cream, healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
Check out this easy video@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO4xpmFIGnA&feature=youtu.be
My children know how crazy I am about ice cream. So one of my gifts this Mother’s Day was the Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet.
They knew how I would like to try it right away, so they had some frozen fruit ready on hand too. My love of mangoes is well known, so no surprise there that I started with that. I used the Trader Joe’s frozen mango chunks but also some frozen Indian mango pulp. The children had cut and frozen some overripe bananas. The best way to do that is to cut overripe bananas and freeze the pieces on a cookie sheet and then store them, so you have individual frozen pieces when needed.
My simple recipe has only 4 ingredients- mangoes, bananas, mango pulp and cardamom. I absolutely love the flavor of the Ratna Mango pulp, so I added that for that extra oomph!
I followed the directions on The Magic Bullet running the layered ingredients 3 times through the bullet and the ice cream was fabulous. You could also make this in a food processor.
The ice cream was luscious and yummy and the joy of having guilt free ice cream is beyond words! Next time I want to increase the mango and decrease the bananas to have more of the mango flavor coming through while still retaining the creaminess.
The possibilities are endless! I still have other frozen fruit and yogurt waiting in the wings and avocados nudging me. My children have found a new toy to keep mama busy with….and perhaps off of their backs 😉
Enjoy this creamy, Vegan Mango Banana Ice Cream topped with chopped pistachios in a cup or cone. It is ice cream healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast!
Vegan Mango Banana Ice Cream
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen overripe bananas
- ¼ cup frozen mango pulp
- ½ teaspoon green cardamom seed powder
- 3~4 chopped pistachios to serve
To make the Vegan Mango Banana Ice Cream-
- Defrost the frozen mangoes , bananas and pulp for 5 ~7 minutes. In the Magic Bullet Dessert Bullet, layer the ingredients and process it 2 to 3 times thru the machine. In a food processor, combine the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in a cone, directly from the dessert bullet or scoop out the ice cream in a cup. Top with pistachios.