Father’s Day special! Easy to make, 4 ingredient, vegan milkshake that is simply delectable!
Just in time for Father’s Day! Do your kids have a lot of the quintessential sports and game activities planned for Father’s day? Then here is a nourishing milkshake that will energize dad! And the recipe is so easy that the kids can make it. Now isn’t that perfect?
According to Ayurveda, dates are said to act as body coolants and also provide vigor and vitality. And combining them with another super food like almonds makes it a super cool, cardamom scented, energy booster that is super delish! Plus, there is no added sugar.
Super Cool Dates and Almond Milkshake
- 10 dates. I used Mariani pitted deglet noor dates
- 8 almonds
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s unsweetened Almond milk with vanilla
- ½ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- Crushed ice to serve
To make the Nourishing Dates and Almond Milkshake-
- Soak the dates and the almonds in the warm water for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Serve over ice.
- Variation- You may add half of a banana or a small apple to this milkshake, if you like too.