Saffron scented white chocolate, laden with pistachios and craisins and sprinkled lightly with sea salt…perfect for gift giving or may be keeping it for yourself 🙂
Another quick and easy, festive, indulgent dessert in this harried holiday season! It is so moreish that even the people claiming to be ‘off desserts’ are found to be nibbling on this Kesar Pista White Chocolate Bark 🙂
Kesar means saffron. In this recipe, white chocolate is scented with saffron, studded with pistachios and craisins and sprinkled with sea salt…need I say more?
I made the heart healthy Hara Bhara Quinoa Kebab in Christmas tree shapes for the meal….it is all in the balance, isn’t it ? 🙂 Btw, this time I used cooked black beans instead of the green peas in the recipe and love both versions.
Here is the easy step by step pictorial for the Kesar Pista White Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt.
Kesar Pista White Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt- 3 minute microwave recipe!
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate (don’t use white chocolate chips) I used Lindt.
- A fat pinch of saffron crushed in 1 teaspoon warm virgin coconut oil. I used Tresomega virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Ocean Spray craisins (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon shelled and halved pistachios (or to taste)
- A small pinch of sea salt for sprinkling (or to taste)
To make the Kesar Pista White Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt- 3 minute microwave recipe!
- Assemble all the ingredients. (photo top left)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate pieces on 50% power for 2 minutes.
- Stir, add the coconut oil +saffron mixture and stir again. (photo top right)
- Microwave the mixture for another minute on 50% power. (photo bottom left)
- Stir and pour onto a tray lined with baking parchment paper. (photo bottom right)
- Sprinkle the craisins, pistachios and sea salt.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Break the bark into pieces and serve or store in refrigerator.
Note: Microwave timings are based on my 1000 W drawer microwave and the quantity as specified in ingredients.
Enjoy! Happy Holidays to you all!