Very popular for holiday entertaining! Perfect, make ahead, healthy, low-fat appetizers.
“Oh! I said I would get an appetizer to tomorrow’s party?” …“Yes of course I remember”…Does that sound familiar? With so many gatherings and potlucks this time of the year it is so easy to forget, isn’t it? I hear ya!
So here is the perfect appetizer to take to any gathering! The Tandoori Chicken Salad Pinwheels are super easy to make, can be made ahead of time and don’t need any reheating.
Tandoori chicken made the traditional way may become tough and rubbery in this salad. Hence I added the tandoori chicken masala to the cooked and shredded chicken breast. This salad is low fat but tastes creamy and yummy and the red peppers and scallions juxtapose superbly in the pinwheels!
For the wraps, you may use store bought or try the Turmeric and Cumin Roti Wrap. The filling in that recipe is a great vegetarian alternative too.
Tandoori Chicken Salad Pinwheels
- ¼ cup Philadelphia Neufchatel cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt, drained
- 1 teaspoon Shan Tandoori chicken masala
- 1 cup cooked, shredded organic chicken breast
- ½ red pepper diced
- green parts of 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 (8 inch) Joseph’s tortillas or gluten free wraps
To make the Tandoori Chicken Salad Pinwheels-
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, yogurt and the tandoori chicken masala, until well blended.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken and mix in.
- Warm the tortilla or wrap on a griddle or in the microwave for 20 seconds. Spread half of the chicken mixture all over the tortilla/ wrap. Top with half the red pepper and scallions.
- Roll tightly and wrap in a plastic wrap. Repeat with the other tortilla/wrap, leftover chicken mixture, red peppers and scallions.
- Refrigerate the rolls for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove wrap, slice rolls into ½ thick slices and serve!
Try these easy, low fat and healthy appetizers this weekend! Healthy appetizers…how often can we say those words together ? Ha…ha…enjoy!