Scrumptious and healthy, gluten free meal, served with cheese rolls all baked in 20 minutes! Check out the crispy spaghetti! Yum!
Don’t you love meals that make you drool, look spectacular and are nutritious …..And super easy to make?
It tastes so scrumptious that I hear people make extra spaghetti so they can have leftover spaghetti for the omelet. It is also easy to make as a treat for yourself, your family or for company.
I made and baked mine in a cast iron pan along with the gluten free cheese rolls dipped in garlic and coconut oil mixture. Yum! I grew up on coconut oil and feel that it gives the dish a distinctive flavor that I absolutely crave.
Oh! And make sure to leave some spaghetti peeking out of the egg mixture and top it all with grated Parmesan. It gives the omelette a little crunch on the top which contrasts splendidly with the soft and fluffy inside.
I used Tresomega’s Gluten free Quinoa Spaghetti and Virgin Coconut oil. They are available at Tresomega.com. Sams.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com. Check them out at http://www.tresomega.com/ and on FB and Twitter.
In full disclosure,the quinoa spaghetti and the virgin coconut oil that I used in this post were provided to me at no cost by Tresomega nutrition.
Spinach and Spaghetti Omelette
- 4 ounces Tresomega gluten free quinoa spaghetti
- ½ tablespoon Tresomega virgin coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 medium plum tomato, diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- For the garlic bread-
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Store bought frozen, ready to bake gluten free cheese rolls
To make the Spinach and Spaghetti Omelette-
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a cast iron or saute pan, heat the virgin coconut oil on medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until the raw smell is gone, about 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and chili flakes (if using), saute for a few seconds and add the diced tomato. Saute for a minute or so.
- Add the spinach leaves, saute until they wilt and remove the pan from heat. Remove the mixture to a bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the spaghetti to the beaten eggs and combine well. Add the cooled spinach mixture to it.
- For the bread rolls, warm the teaspoon of virgin coconut oil and add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder to it. Dip the tops of the frozen rolls in it.
- Pour the egg mixture into a cast iron or oven proof pan or baking dish. Make sure to leave some spaghetti peeking through the egg mixture on top, if you like some crunch.
- Top with the grated Parmesan cheese. Place the cheese rolls on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the omelette is puffy and golden brown on top.
Have a great weekend everyone!