Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes!!

Party  on with these amazingly popular alcoholic or non-alcoholic versions of the Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes!!

Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes for New Years party serves 2. setting time 3 hours
Impress your friends and family with these Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes!!

What are your New Year’s traditions? So many cultures and families have so many interesting traditions, don’t they? I know that some folks eat noodles, some eat 12 grapes at midnight, and some eat anything sweet to start the New Year. Did you know that some break plates, throw a loaf of bread against the wall and some even flush out toilets at midnight?

And then there is  the tradition of eating and wearing everything round! I am all in favor of that! After all the holiday parties, wearing something round comes easy to me 🙂

No matter what the traditions, champagne toasts are ubiquitous at New Year’s parties and I absolutely love to make these Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes. They never fail to well…dazzle :). They can also be made with sparkling grape juice for a non-alcoholic version.

Here is how I make them. The recipe can be multiplied for the number of servings you need.

Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes

• 1 ½ tablespoon Knox unflavored gelatin
  • 1 cup 7 up- regular or diet
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 cup champagne
  • 2 strawberries, cut in half

To make the Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes-

1. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin with the 7 up. Stir well. Add the sugar and stir again.
  2. Warm the sauce pan over low heat just until both the sugar and the gelatin are dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
  3. Add the champagne, stir and pour about half of the mixture into the flutes. Let the flutes chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
  4. Take the flutes out of the refrigerator. Drop in the strawberry halves and gently push them in with a skewer or chopstick.
  5. Whisk the rest of the champagne mixture with a wire whisk, until frothy. Top off the flutes with the frothy mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.
  6. Serve! Enjoy!

I am taking my Dazzling Champagne Jelly Flutes to party at Fiesta Friday. I am co-hosting this week, so do come and check out the amazing array of foods and recipes there!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

1. I’ve seen these jelly cocktails – a simple, but elegant toast to the New Year! Good to see you back with Fiesta Friday – thanks for solo co-hosting Sandhya!

Thanks Judi. We have some construction going on in the house and the past 2 months have been crazy and hectic. Another 3 weeks to go before it is done.
      You are so good at co hosting FF. Hope to follow in your footsteps.

2. Lovely and tasty idea. Definitely better than flushing the toilet at midnight!!! 😀
    Happy New Year! 🙂

Thanks Ronit. Honestly, I like these better than the champagne itself. Happy New Year!

3. mistimaan says:

Looks good and tasty………loved it 🙂

Thanks Priyabratta! Happy New Year!

4. arv! says:

Perfect for this time of the years! 🙂

Thanks so much Arv! I honestly like these better than the bubbly itself.

5. Archana says:

Gorgeous Sandhya!! Happy New year to you and looking forward to many more innovative recipes from you!

Thanks Archana! Happy new Year to you too! I am looking forward to your recipes too.

6. Happy New Years Sandy!! What a creative, beautiful and delicious treat. I think its amazing.

Thanks so much Suzanne. Honestly I like these better than the bubbly itself.
      Hope you had a great New Year’s! Loved seeing photos of Percy and his friends- super cute!

7. Mayur says:

Yeah
    For 31 St night

Yes! Absolutely. Now we can have them again on Valentine’s Day!

8. Sanjiv Kumar says:

Many Many Thanks not only for recpie but also for Health precautions wish you Happy New year & Bright Futures

Thanks so much. Truly appreciate your feed back and the best wishes.Happy 2018!

9. Lovely! I’ll have mine with alcohol, please! We stay up to midnight and toast at the hour with a short countdown. This year we followed the Scottish custom of “arranging” the first visitor of the New Year to be a dark haired man (my future son in law stepped out the back door and came to the front!) That’s supposed to be luck. Happy New Year!!

Mollie

10. I love all your recipes ! Happy New Year Sandhya…..

Thanks so much Swapna! I am so flattered by your compliment! Happy New year to you too dear!

11. We didn’t get to do anything this year, since we were traveling but I still made sure we all ate donuts on New Year’s Day, that’s a must! 😄 I’m ready to adopt any new traditions, though, and I think I’ve found one in this champagne jelly. I’ll be making this from now on, what great idea! 👏👏 Thanks for cohosting, Sandhya! 😘😘

It was my pleasure, Angie! I like the tradition of eating donuts 🙂
      i honestly liked the Champagne jelly more than the bubbly itself and am certainly going to make that a tradition!