Creamy Avocado Kefir Lassi

Serves 2

A Glassful of goodness! Creamy Avocado Kefir Lassi
A Glassful of goodness!
Creamy Avocado Kefir Lassi

Cheers to goodness in a glass! The past few hot summery days make me think of cooling foods like cucumbers and lassi. In India, lassis are classified into ‘khari lassi’ which is the yogurt drink with salt and spice and the ‘meethi lassi’ which is the sweet lassi with just sugar or with fruit and sugar.

This cucumber avocado lassi is a khari lassi. As you know, I love avocados in every shape and form so decided to try them in a lassi too. The avocados give the lassi such a creamy texture! The cucumber gives it an airy lightness and a subtle cool taste. Thanks to a dear friend, I now make kefir at home. So combined the skim milk kefir with the avocado, cucumber and the ‘good for you spices’ like cumin and coriander seeds and chaat masala and you have goodness in a glass!

• 1 cup kefir. I used skim milk to make my kefir
  • ½ cup peeled and cut cucumber pieces. I used an English cucumber
  • ½ avocado, peeled and seeded. I used a Hass avocado
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
  • ½ teaspoon roasted coriander seed powder
  • ½ teaspoon chat masala
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ cup water

To make the Creamy Avocado Kefir Lassi-

1. Simply blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
  2. Serve over ice.

Enjoy goodness in a glass! I am joining the part at Angie’s Fiesta Friday hosted by Dini and Mollie this week! Do join and check out all the amazing creations there!

So beautiful Sandhya – it looks deliciously cool and creamy, perfect for this hot, humid weather that we are experiencing right now. Beautiful photo too 🙂

Thanks Loretta! Yes it is perfect for this weather. thanks for your compliment on the photo- I was not sure if it looked good.

2. Parul Kumar says:

This looks awesome! How do you make Kefir?

Thanks Parul. Making kefir is very easy once you get the kefir grain. All it takes is adding milk to the grain. No need to boil and cool milk like we do for yogurt.

3. Lina says:

Awesome Sandhya!

Thanks Lina!

4. Zoale.com says:

Looks refreshing and creamy! I love the combination of the cucumber and avocado. Yum 🙂

Thanks Antonia!

5. Beautiful & so delicious sounding! Thank you Sandhya 😊

Thanks Naina! I am drooling over the frozen yogurt you posted. Love the color of your board too!

6. Lassi with avocado is awesome:-) perfect for summer

7. Jhuls says:

I haven’t had kefir, but this sounds refreshing. Happy FF! 🙂 xx

Thank you so much Julie!

8. Refreshing….thanks for sharing!

9. Love your recipes and the fusion that you create! Please check out my blog sometime. https://thehungrypalate.wordpress.com

10. tentimestea says:

Using both cucumber and avocado sounds brilliant to balance the richness of one and the lightness of the other 🙂 And what a lovely pale green colour!

11. Sounds delicious and fresh!

Thanks Indah!

12. YUM!!! I love this idea 😀 I love avacados in every shape and form too and have a avacado drink I love, but it’s not like this at all! Can’t wait to try this… it sounds so refreshing! 🙂
    Happy FF!!

Thanks Dini. I cannot wait to find out about your avocado drink too!

1. My MIL made it for me! 😀 I actually don’t know how to make it because it was always made for me!! hahaha!!! But I probably should find out how it’s made… till then I’m going to try this instead! 🙂

Definitely try this one!

13. I am so regretting now that I killed my kefir off – difficult to do, but i managed. This looks incredible, though! I may have to try this with yogurt. Happy FF!

Thanks! Yes the lassi will taste awesome with yogurt too.