10 minute meal! Sunny, warm, lip smacking good pasta dish to brighten your winter! Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian recipe too!
Do you love 10 minute easy meals that are healthy and delectable? And something both kids and adults will enjoy? Then you have to try this easy gluten free, vegan, vegetarian meal!
You know how crazy my family is about avocados so I keep trying different recipes with it like the Avocado and sundried Tomato Thepla, Creamy Avocado Kefir Lassi,Avocado and Caramelized Onion Rice, the avocado chutney wrap with a different flavored chutney, Dal Vada….. with a healthy twist! and even the Luscious Avocado Coconut Burfi…in 5 minutes! And this is just the partial list of my avocado recipes. The avocado has not failed me yet. My family has loved each and every one of these dishes.
The Penne Pasta in Avocado Chutney sauce is another great addition to my long list of avocado recipes and is definitely going to be a regular on our dinner menu. I used gluten free penne but you could use any pasta you like.
We have been having some cold, snowy, cloudy days in our neck of the woods and this bright, warm, scrumptious meal sure cheered me up. Hope it does the same for you.
Penne Pasta in Avocado Chutney Sauce
- 12 oz box of Barilla gluten free pasta, cooked according to instructions on package.
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomato strips, softened in warm water and drained
For the chutney sauce-
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 small clove of garlic
- ½ small Thai chili pepper (or to taste)
- A handful of cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar or Stevia
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Grated Parmesan cheese
To make the Penne Pasta with Avocado Chutney Sauce-
- Boil the penne pasta according to the instructions on the box. Mine took 10 minutes to cook.
- Soak the sundried tomato strips in warm water. Drain when softened.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine all ingredients for the chutney sauce and blend together. Drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and keep running the blender until it is well incorporated in the sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta, add the sundried tomato strips, the sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Your 10 minute meal is ready!
I liked this meal so much that I am eager to hear from you about how much you like it. Do let me know.