2 minutes + 6 easy to find ingredients= 1 delicious, healthy raita!
This is perfect side dish for your backyard BBQ this weekend. The flavored yogurt can be mixed in advance and refrigerated. Just before serving, add the crispy cereal in the yogurt mixture and toss! You and your peanut crunch raita will be the stars at the BBQ! This raita is a favorite with young and old alike.
This is my healthy take on boondi raita. Boondi are deep fried little balls of chick pea flour. This raita replaces boondi with cereal ‘balls’. It is packed with crunch and peanutty flavor that juxtaposes brilliantly with the cool, creamy and cumin scented yogurt!
So let’s go grab those Ingredients-
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon sugar, depending on the tanginess of the yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1 cup peanut butter crunch. I used Capn Crunch cereal
To make the raita-
- In a bowl whisk together the yogurt, red chili powder. Cumin seed powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the peanut butter crunch cereal, toss and serve. I like the crunch of the cereal balls so I add them just before serving.
- For flavor variation, I also use other cereal such as Kix to the raita instead of the peanut flavored crunch.
- I sometimes add chopped fresh mint leaves added to the yogurt.
Hope that this raita is popular at your get together this weekend! I am taking mine to Angie’s Fiesta Friday hosted by Dini and Mollie…..here I come with the ever popular Peanut Butter Crunch Raita….see you there!