Have you tried marinated and grilled pineapple? Believe me, it is a treat! And when you juxtapose it with cool and crunchy jicama, creamy avocado and sweet juicy watermelon, your taste buds will do the happy dance! And I have not even mentioned the pineapple honey balsamic drizzle, laced with Tandoori masala…….ooh all so drooliciously yummy!
Today is the last day of summer 😦 and I want to hang on to it a little longer by grilling foods I love and enjoying the sweet watermelon. So for the salad, I put together this simple yet scrumptious grilled pineapple salad.
Marinating the cut pineapple in a mixture of honey, lime juice and store bought tandoori masala gives its flavor a new dimension and then after grilling, the pineapple just bursts with flavor! The watermelon, jicama and avocado compliment it perfectly.
For the dressing I reduced the marinade juices with balsamic vinegar and honey!
Do try this salad to experience the yumminess!
Marinated and Grilled Pineapple Salad
For the marinade-
- 7~ 8 rings of freshly peeled and cut pineapple
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
For the dressing-
- About ¼ cup reserved marinade
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
For the salad-
- ½ medium sized jicama, peeled and cut into about ¼ inch match sticks
- 1 avocado peeled and pit removed, cut in ½ inch dice
- ¼ personal sized seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into ½ inch dice and cooled
To make the Marinated and Grilled Pineapple Salad-
- In a zip lock bag, combine the pineapple rings, honey, tandoori masala and lime juice. Set aside to marinate for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the rings, reserving the marinade.
- In a saucepan, combine the marinade with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil and then simmer on low heat for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Grill the pineapple rings and slice them in half.
- Combine the jicama, avocado and watermelon. Top with the grilled pineapple rings, drizzle with the balsamic reduction dressing and serve!
Hope you like the Marinated and Grilled Pineapple Salad as much as we did!