6 ingredient, figure friendly, healthy snack recipe that is ready in under 20 minutes!
Are you finally enjoying the summer weather? My favorite activity in the summer is to sit out on the patio and …eat of course :). And since I have been munching away, I need something figure friendly.
So while thinking of a healthy appetizer to enjoy guilt free, I was reminded of the childhood seasonal favorites that were a treat. I do not remember exactly which part of the year fresh peanuts in shells or fresh pigeon peas in their pods were available in the markets, but I remember eating them boiled in salted water and they were so delicious! Spring time, it was the fresh green gram in their cute pods that were roasted.
So, I thought of something similar with edamame in their pods. Wish I could get the fresh ones, but the frozen ones do not disappoint. I added chili pepper, garlic, sea salt, lemon zest and juice along with olive oil and they are just so moreish!
And in under 20 minutes you have an easy, healthy snack that is lip smacking good!
Spicy Seared Edamame
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen edamame in shell, defrosted
- Sea salt to taste
- Mild red chili powder or paprika for sprinkling. I used Kashmiri chili powder
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
To make the Spicy Seared Edamame
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Lower the heat and add the sliced garlic and let it fry until it is pale golden. Do not let it burn. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, sprinkle a small pinch of salt on it. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the edamame and toss them over medium high heat coating them with the oil, sprinkle the sea salt, chili powder and the lemon zest and toss for another 30 seconds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the contents of the pan on to it and bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze the lemon juice and serve.
These are so scrumptious, that it is hard to stop eating them. I am happy that these Spicy Seared Edamame are healthy and figure friendly !
Have a great weekend,