Figure-friendly, protein rich, piquant appetizer that is ready in 17 minutes in the air fryer!
This healthy appetizer is such a hit at parties! It is my favorite snack for summer munching on the patio as well.
With Indfused’s recipe for Spicy Seared Edamame as the guide, this recipe was developed for the air fryer. It cooks faster in an air fryer and the amount of oil was reduced by 2/3!
It surely is my favorite summer appetizer!
Air Fryer Garlicky Spiced Edamame
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of frozen edamame in shell, defrosted
- Sea salt to taste
- Mild red chili powder or paprika. I used Kashmiri chili powder
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
To make the Air Fryer Spicy Edamame
- In a bowl, combine the oil, sliced garlic cloves, edamame, salt, red chili powder or paprika and the lemon zest. Toss well together.
- In the air fryer, put in as many as you can fit in one layer. It will depend on the size of your air fryer. In my air fryer, I made this recipe in two batches.
- Set the Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 with the second batch of edamame in bowl.
- Remove to the serving platter, squeeze the lemon juice and serve.
- Enjoy! These are a hit at parties!
Note: The timings and temperatures of the air fryer will vary based on the brand and size of the air fryer.