Frozen Greek yogurt bark flavored with mango and cardamom and studded with pistachios and craisins!
The temperature is finally in the 80s and the ice cream stands beckon us where ever we go. I love ice cream….is there anyone who does not? But I do feel some guilt after the overindulgence…..but not enough to give up a frozen dessert:)
Enter fro- yo or frozen yogurt bark, my go-to dessert! I combined Greek yogurt with the ambrosial mango pulp and some cardamom, to taste like aamrakhand, my favorite Indian sweet. I used non fat Greek yogurt but whole milk Greek yogurt will, of course, make the bark creamier.
This frozen yogurt bark is super easy to make, and surely satisfied my craving for dessert. Plus when I make it at home, I know exactly what I am putting in it. I used stevia to sweeten the frozen yogurt bark but you may use sugar, honey or agave too. Just make sure to sweeten it to your taste. The bark pieces can be stored frozen, so dessert is always at my fingertips!
Here is the super easy recipe, that just takes a few minutes to put together and freezes in 2 hours!
Aamrakhand- Fro-Yo Bark Style
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Sugar/ stevia/ agave to taste
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom powder
- a tiny pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup mango pulp, fresh or canned
- 15 shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
To make the Amrakhand-Fro-Yo Bark Style!
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, sugar, stevia or agave, cardamom powder and sea salt. Mix well. Set aside ¼ cup in a separate bowl.
- To the rest of the mixture, add the mango pulp and mix well.
- Line a 8 inch X 10 inch pan with aluminum foil. Pour in the mango mixture about 1/4 inches thick/ deep. Dot with the white yogurt mixture and swirl with a spatula or butter knife.
- Top with the pistachios and dried cranberries. Keep the tray in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen. Remove the aluminum foil from the pan with the frozen yogurt bark so it is easier to cut.
- Cut the frozen yogurt bark into pieces and serve.
- Extra pieces can be stored in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
Enjoy! Wishing you all a happy Memorial day weekend!