Aamrakhand- Fro-Yo Bark Style!

Frozen Greek yogurt bark flavored with mango and cardamom and studded with pistachios and craisins!

Quick and easy recipe for the perfect summer dessert! A nectarous dessert made with Greek yogurt, mango, pistachios and craisins and scented with cardamom.
Aamrakhand- Fro-Yo Bark Style!

The temperature is finally in the 80s and the ice cream stands beckon us where ever we go. I love ice cream….is there anyone who does not? But I do feel some guilt after the overindulgence…..but not enough to give up a frozen dessert:)

Enter fro- yo or frozen yogurt bark, my go-to dessert!  I combined  Greek yogurt with the  ambrosial mango pulp and some cardamom, to taste like aamrakhand, my favorite Indian sweet. I used non fat Greek yogurt but whole milk Greek yogurt will, of course, make the bark creamier.

This frozen yogurt bark is super easy to make, and surely satisfied my craving for dessert. Plus when I make it at home, I know exactly what I am putting in it. I used stevia to sweeten the frozen yogurt bark but you may use sugar, honey or agave too. Just make sure to sweeten it to your taste. The bark pieces can be stored frozen, so dessert is always at my fingertips!

Here is the super easy recipe, that just takes a few minutes to put together and freezes in 2 hours!

The mixture poured in the tray, before freezing

Aamrakhand- Fro-Yo Bark Style

• 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • Sugar/ stevia/ agave to taste
  • ¾ teaspoon cardamom powder
  • a tiny pinch of sea salt
  • ½ cup mango pulp, fresh or canned
  • 15 shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon dried cranberries

To make the Amrakhand-Fro-Yo Bark Style!

1. In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, sugar, stevia or agave, cardamom powder and sea salt. Mix well. Set aside ¼ cup in a separate bowl.
  2. To the rest of the mixture, add the mango pulp and mix well.
  3. Line a 8 inch X 10 inch pan with aluminum foil. Pour in the mango mixture about 1/4 inches thick/ deep. Dot with the white yogurt mixture and swirl with a spatula or butter knife.
  4. Top with the pistachios and dried cranberries. Keep the tray in the freezer for 2 hours or until frozen. Remove the aluminum foil from the pan with the frozen yogurt bark so it is easier to cut.
  5. Cut the frozen yogurt bark into pieces and serve.
  6. Extra pieces can be stored in a zip lock bag in the freezer.

Enjoy! Wishing you all a happy Memorial day weekend!

1. flynthings says:

Looks yummy… Will have to try this pronto…as I have all the ingredients!

Fabulous! Do let me know how you like it!

2. Sandhya these look just apt for the craving sweet tooth. It’s just super awesome. In fact last week I was trying my hands on Aam ka doi in microwave at that time I was thinking will the mixture set without cooking them. I have the answer here. Looks real yummy. 👌🏼

Meena, this one is just so super easy! Do let me know how you like it. I am crazy about everything mango and am hooked to this bark:)

1. All these are so tempting. I won’t stop until am done with everything. 😂😂

3. I make something similar but baked. Love this!

Ronit, this is a super easy recipe but really refreshing and delicious for the summer. I would love to try your baked recipe. I am a big fan of your blog!

1. It definitely looks very refreshing. Just perfect for summer.
        Thank you for your kind words. I’m very glad you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy yours.:)

If interested, you can check the following link for the recipe of the baked yogurt squares.

Thank you so much Ronit for sending me that link. Never knew I could bake yogurt like that.The baked yogurt squares are indeed a perfect alternative to cheesecake and I love the flavor combination of apricots and pistachios. Yummy!

3. My pleasure Sandhya, I’m glad I was able to show a new way of using yogurt. It is one of my favorite desserts, especially in the summer. 🙂

4. Archana says:

Love this!! Will try soon

Thanks so much Archana. Do let me know how you like them!

1. Archana says:

Made this last night and it was really good!! Keeper recipe!!

I am so glad you liked them! Thank you so much for letting me know, Archana!

3. Archana says:

Adding it to my repeat list 😊

5. Nandini says:

Such a lovely recipe 🙂

Thank you so much Nandini! Have a great memorial Day weekend!

So refreshingly cool for these 90+ degree days we’ve been experiencing Sandhya. I too made something like this around the time I started blogging I think? Anyway, there weren’t mango or pistachios in my mix, I prefer your beautiful bark with those lovely colors. I also like the swirl and look how beautifully they cut up. I have mango pulp and all the ingredients, and if I don’t, I shall definitely march right to the store and make it this weekend. Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend. 🙂

Thanks so much Loretta. I will check out your blog for your recipe. Was it a frozen yogurt bark too?I would love to try other flavors. This is such a super easy recipe and having those ambrosial mango flavored yogurt bark pieces in the freezer has been a boon:)
      Have a fabulous Memorial day weekend! The peonies in my yard are about to bloom and I think of yours and Suzanne’s beautiful pictures.Will post my pics of the pretty flowers too.

Here it is, although I prefer your mango mix https://safariofthemind.com/2015/06/02/frozen-treats-for-summer/ You’ll remember it when you see it. Yes, please post pictures of your peonies, would love to see your garden Sandhya.

Loretta,
        Thanks! I like the addition of chocolate chips in your fro yo bark and also enjoy banana ice cream. adding peanut butter to it is a great idea.
        Still waiting for those peonies to bloom! But I did plant some annuals this past weekend. feels so good to be outdoors, isn’t it?

Oh wow Sandhya! This looks so delicious!

Thanks so much Antonia!

8. What a great alternative to ice cream. I can definitely see where this can substitute without great sacrifice.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the frozen bark without missing the icecream!

9. Aruna says:

What a lovely way to savour Amrakhand!

Thanks Aruna!

Thanks Aruna! I really enjoyed these barks.

10. Love frozen yogurt barks!! This is a great way to enjoy amrakhand! Yum!

Thanks Freda!

Thank you so much!

11. Indeed, this is perfect for summer! I will try it out this weekend 🙂 thank you so much for the recipe!

Thanks so much Indah! Hope you are enjoying summer.

12. Rupali says:

Wow, very creative.

13. skd says:

You never cease to surprise us Sandhya 👍☺

Thank you so much Ana! That is a huge compliment. I am a fan of your blog and admire your cooking and recipes too.

1. skd says:

Thank you Sandhya! But I mean it. When you put up a nice post we all know that there is something different, unusual and delicious waiting for us.Doing us Indians proud 👍☺

Thank you so much Ana! ❤

Thanks so much for the shout out! I enjoy reading your blog too. We both love quick , nutritious and yummy recipes:)
      I liked your post on the tummy diet, which I need to do:)

Thank you so much Madhuram for featuring my Aamrakhand _Fro- Yo Bark style and for your kind words!

Madhuram, thank you so much for featuring my recipe and for your kind words. The Aamrakhand Fro Yo Bark is a huge favorite in our home.
      I am happy to have discovered your fabulous blog!