Zucchini and Parmesan Masala Crisps

This 3 ingredient, easy recipe will have your kids asking for more zucchini!

Indian fusion, easy , scrumptious, vegetarian recipe with summer fresh zucchini , Parmesan cheese and masala
Zucchini Parmesan Masala Crisps

Are you a mom like me, always trying to find creative ways to sneak in veggies in the family’s diet? Funnily, my family knows it too and are always suspicious, but the taste wins them over 🙂

These Zucchini and Parmesan Masala Crisps are so scrumptious that there is no need to hide the veggies either. Kids and adults alike love these crisps and they make a fabulous party snack.

The 4 ingredient recipe is super simple. And with abundant fresh zucchini in the markets, this is the perfect time to enjoy these crisps.

Only 3 ingredients for the  Zucchini Parmesan Masala Crisps!
The 3 ingredients simply combined….how easy is this?
The crisps cooking on a non stick griddle.
Quick and easy Indian fusion, vegetarian recipe for scrumptious Zucchini Parmesan Masala Crisps.
Cook for 3~4 minutes on the other side, depending on how light or dark golden you like them.

Oh…. I did tell you that they are ready in minutes, right? Oh okay, okay …I know …….here is the recipe 🙂

Zucchini Parmesan Masala Crisps

• ¾ cup grated zucchini
  • ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
  • ½ teaspoon paav bhaji masala . I used Everest paav bhaji masala.

To make the Zucchini Parmesan Masala Crisps-

1. Simply combine all the ingredients.
  2. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat.
  3. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of the mixture in small circles, making a few discs at a time, depending on the size of your griddle.
  4. Let them cook on low for about 3~4 minutes or until they are golden. Carefully flip them and let them cook and crisp on the other side for another 3~4 minutes.
  5. The crisps will become crispier as they cool!
  6. Enjoy them warm.

Notes-

• Parmesan cheese is salty so I did not feel the need to add salt to the mixture.
  • I grated the zucchini just as I was ready to make the crisps. If you grate it in advance and it is watery, blot the excess moisture with a paper towel so the crisps will not be soggy.

Enjoy the crisps this weekend!

1. How did you know I needed this? The zucchini I’ve grown is trying to take over 🙂

Ha ha Teri….zucchini is all over these days, right? these crisps are truly addictive , so you will use a lot of that zucchini. I applaud you for growing the veggies. I have just a few chilies and tomatoes this year.
      Wishing you a fabulous birthday celebration! Enjoy!

Thanks so much Sneha! It makes a great snack or appetizer at parties too.

2. What a great idea! Love these healthy crisps.Will definitely give it a try soon. 🙂

Thanks Ronit! I found them so addictive….it was hard for me to save some for the photos 🙂

1. I can definitely see that! 🙂

3. Great recipe Sandhya and certainly not just for the kids!!

Thanks Laura! Yes I had a tough time saving some for the photos. I was eating them as I made them too 🙂

Thanks so much! Much appreciated!

Wow Sandhya, how quick and easy and satisfying are these? Brilliant idea! Will surely be trying these out for a great snack! Enjoy your weekend 🙂

Thanks Loretta. They taste so yummy, I had to remind myself to save some for the photos 🙂

5. So delicious..love the recipe

Thanks so much dear Ruchi!

6. Tasty Tasty, reminds me of the potato chips from India but these are so much more nutritious.

Thanks Rita! Yes I remember those potato chips too. these taste awesome with the Parmesan cheese.

7. Great addition of zucchini to these Parmesan crisps and then the spices, oh yes!! I’d love me some 🙂

Thanks Freda!

8. poonampagar says:

So innovative share Sandhya..these healthy crisps are surely on my to do list 😃

Thanks so much Poonam! Do let me know how you like them.

9. Vidya Narayan says:

its raining in my part of the world – Mumbai & I would happily gorge on these beauties.

Thanks Vidya! We have rains for 2 days too….yes these are perfect with a cup of tea!

Vidya,
      When I try to access your site, it says the authors have deleted this site…..wonder what is going on?

1. Vidya Narayan says:

My website is http://www.masalachilli.wordpress.com not chilly. I have deleted that site coz it was created by mistake & some of the responses were being sent there. Please follow me here.

I found it and am following it. Thanks!

10. swedet00th says:

I immediately love everything about your blog, bravo!

11. teny says:

This looks so delicious 🙂

Thanks so much!

12. I make cheese crisps a lot but not with zucchini. Great idea for adults too 🙂 The masala ingredient I don’t have – any suggestion for a substitute? I will have to look around as I am sure that makes these crisps so tasty!

Judi,the Paav Bhaji masala can be substituted with a mild garam masala which has chili powder in it or mild garam masala+ paprika/red chili powder.
      If you don’t have garam masala, I would add toasted coriander seed and cumin seed powder and some paprika/hot chili powder.
      Hope that helps.

1. Thanks Sandhya – I am familiar with garam masala and actually made a bangala garam masala in an Indian shrimp recipe. The ingredients were cloves, cardamom seeds and cinnamon sticks. I will go with your suggestions…

2. I found the Everest brand on Amazon and ordered it – thanks!

13. Wow… Lovely crisps. Quick and yummy. You are so cool Sandhya.

Thanks so much Dimple! You made my day with that sweet comment 🙂

1. Recently I am following your blog. Your recipes are so light and cool. I like it.

Such a great idea! My kids will love these!

15. Megala says:

Looks so beautiful & delicious !