This healthy, succulent salad, inspired by Moroccan flavors, is sure to bring citrusy sunshine to your day! Check out this super easy recipe.
Doesn’t citrusy sunshine sound so good in the winter? I don’t gravitate naturally towards salads during the cold months, so I need my salads to be even more appealing in taste and texture. And when you taste this bright salad, you will know why I called it succulent.
Just make sure you let the thinly sliced carrot slices marinate in the lightly spiced orange and lime juice overnight in the refrigerator. That really works for me because come mealtime and I am hungry (as always), that sunshine salad ready in the refrigerator is easy to grab.
I am counting the days until spring. But meanwhile, this salad sure cheers me up. The recipe is so simple, yet the salad tastes amazing. And speaking of spring….it is so figure friendly too 🙂
Disclaimer:We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. When you click and buy through this site , it helps us earn to keep this site running.
So are you ready for some succulent, citrusy sunshine in your life? Here is my recipe!
Citrusy Sunshine Carrot Salad
- 4 large carrots, peeled ,trimmed and washed
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon Trader Joe’s traditional harissa, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ teaspoon toasted cumin seed powder
- Sea salt to taste
To make the Citrusy Sunshine Carrot Salad-
- Slice the carrots thin. I used the Zyliss mandolin on setting ‘1’
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk well together.
- Add the carrots and toss to coat all the carrot slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the next day. Enjoy the succulent, figure friendly salad!
Have a great weekend all!