Going to a potluck this weekend? How about making a healthy, delicious, unique raita, that makes a stunning party dish? What if this raita, which is a crowd pleaser, can be put together in under 5 minutes? I know it sounds too good to be true but it is true. I absolutely love the piquant taste of this raita and can never have enough of it! Luckily for me, I can make it in a jiffy and it compliments so many dishes, that I make it pretty often.
To serve it as an appetizer, it pairs well with Fiesta samosas or the Samosa triangle for the weekend party. To serve as a side dish at dinner time, it goes well with Kheema calzone, the Bejeweled Basmati rice, Rice bowl with fish curry , the Quick and easy Indian inspired dinner and so many more entrees!
So here are the ingredients-
- 1½ cups plain yogurt, whisked. I used Dannon non-fat yogurt.
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 7 or 8 turns of the pepper grinder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 can pineapple rings ,cut into eights or fresh pineapple. I used a can of Dole pineapple rings.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
To make the raita-
- To the whisked yogurt, add the sugar, chaat masala, red chili powder, black pepper and the sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pineapple and the pomegranate arils. Combine and serve cold.
This cooling, scrumptious raita is sure to win your guests’ hearts! Hope that this recipe helps you during the busy holiday season.
Have a great weekend everyone!