Homemade,easy salad dressing loaded with healthy ingredients for a no fuss, scrumptious salad.
First full week of spring! I love the spring season for it’s beautiful weather, flowers…and also for the warning it gives me that summer is coming…time to shed the winter fat.
Easier said than done of course! I love all kinds of food so it is very hard for me to shed the extra pounds. So for some of the meals, I try to come up with salads that will satisfy the foodie in me. They have to be tangy, sweet and sour and of course, the crunch. In true Indfused style, the salads are healthy, filling and scrumptious.
This Red Cabbage and Chick Pea Salad with Lemony Honey Ginger dressing with Turmeric is no exception.
The dressing is all natural, homemade, low fat and is tangy, sweet and sour. I added turmeric for its health benefits and chaat masala for that unique tang! Plus it has spices that are gut friendly too.
Speaking of gut, I need all the help I can get. My main problem area is my tummy. So I am happy when I like salads that I actually look forward to eating. This salad proved to be one of them and the dressing was so yummy and healthy that I served some extra on the side too.
Red Cabbage and Chick Pea Salad with Lemony Honey Ginger dressing with Turmeric
For the dressing-
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- Juice of 1 big lemon
- ½ cup low fat yogurt, drained. I used homemade yogurt made with 1%milk
- Sea salt to taste
For the salad-
- About 1 ½ cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- ½ cup cooked/ canned chick peas, drained
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- A few grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
To make the Red Cabbage and Chick Pea Salad with Lemony Honey Ginger dressing with Turmeric-
- Heat the oil on low. Add the turmeric powder and stir for about 15 seconds. Shut off the heat, add the grated ginger and honey. Stir, add chaat masala.
- Let mixture come to room temperature. Add the lemon juice, salt and whisk in the yogurt.
- Toss the salad with the vegetables and serve.
I love making homemade dressing as I know it is all natural and can add only the ingredients I like and are healthy. Here are some of my other favorites-
You will also enjoy these Salads and salad dressings by my blogger friends-
- Avin’s Grilled Paneer Salad with Orange and Honey vinaigrette
- Jayashree’s Raw Mango Salad
- Archana’s Home made Ranch dressing
- Sapana’s American style potato dressing
- Jagruti’s Strawberry, Gotas Cheese and Watercress Salad with Tarragon and Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- Vanitha’s Spinach Apple and Walnut Salad
- Seema’s Cranberry Salad with passion fruit vinaigrette