These laddus, using molasses, are just perfect…..if I may say so myself 😉
Sesame laddus have always been hard on the teeth and as I grow older, I have been nervous about biting into them. So my joy knows no bounds when my experiment for these laddus succeeds! I could not wait to share this with you all!
This recipe makes the most authentic tasting sesame laddus with a texture that is crunchy, crispy, chewy and just exquisite….not to mention , ‘easy on the teeth’.
Make sure you have your basic mixture of roasted sesame seeds, peanuts and dalia (roasted chana dal) ready.
The jaggery and molasses syrup takes only 1 ½ minutes!
So here is the recipe.
Microwave Sesame Seed Laddu in 1 ½ minutes
For the sesame seed mixture-
- ½ cup sesame seeds, roasted until fragrant
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- ¼ cup dalia (roasted chana dal), lightly crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- A small pinch of salt
For the syrup-
- ¼ cup jaggery cut into very small pieces
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
To roll laddus-
- Ghee to grease palms
To make the Microwave Sesame Laddus in 1 ½ minutes-
- Combine the sesame seed mixture and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or pie dish add the jaggery, molasses and water. Stir well and microwave for 1 minute.
- Microwave for 30 seconds again. The syrup reaches hard ball consistency at this point. To test this, in a bowl of water put a fat drop of the syrup. Roll it between your fingers and drop it on the counter or a hard surface. It should be of hard consistency, making a small sound when dropped.
- Mix in all of the sesame mixture and combine well with the syrup.
- Grease your palms well with the ghee and roll the laddus.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Tip- The timing given is in my 1000W drawer microwave.Microwave timings vary so you may need to adjust timings according to your microwave.