This is the breakfast you will want to wake up for! Gluten free, vegan and simply delectable!
Start your day with this special breakfast on August 15th, India’s Independence Day. Overnight oats soaked in milk or yogurt, are all the rage right now. But I wanted to try them in coconut milk. I love the taste and flavor of coconut milk in so many dishes and these overnight oats proved to be no exception. Topped with fruit, I did not need any sugar added to it. But if the fruit is not sweet, you may add a touch of sugar. I added the chia seed powder for its health benefits but felt that the chia seed powder left a little after taste in my mouth. So I leave it up to you whether you want it or not. You can also add cashew nuts to these overnight oats. What a treat it is to start the day with a healthy breakfast like this one and have the Tiranga Sandwiches for an afternoon tea or a light lunch, isn’t it?
I am excited and honored to be co- hosting Fiesta Friday this week! I hope to see you at this fun, friendly event where we get to mingle with other bloggers. As a co-host, I look forward to seeing you and visiting your blog and chatting with you. The dishes presented at this fiesta are always amazing with so many talented bloggers contributing. I remember how special I felt when my creations were featured! Do make sure to follow the guidelines and link your post to Angie, Nancy and me and tag your posts Fiesta Friday! I am bringing my Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk to the party! See you there!
Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder + ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons Quaker quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon white chia seed powder (optional)
- Kiwi sliced, orange segments, blueberries
To make the Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk–
- Combine the coconut milk powder and water. Alternately you may use coconut milk.
- Add the oats and chia powder (if using) and combine well. Divide in two bowls. Top with fruit. You may need sugar if the fruit is not sweet.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy your ready breakfast the next morning!
Enjoy! Happy Independence Day to all my Indian friends!