Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk

This is the breakfast you will want to wake up for! Gluten free, vegan and simply delectable!

Overnight oats in coconut milk is a vegan, gluten free breakfast . Quaker quick cooking oats .soaked. in yummy coconut milk.Topped with fresh fruit
Overnight Oats with Coconut Milk- vegan, gluten free, yummy breakfast!

Start your day with this special breakfast on August 15th, India’s Independence Day. Overnight oats soaked in milk or yogurt, are all the rage right now. But I wanted to try them in coconut milk. I love the taste and flavor of coconut milk in so many dishes and these overnight oats proved to be no exception. Topped with fruit, I did not need any sugar added to it. But if the fruit is not sweet, you may add a touch of sugar. I added the chia seed powder for its health benefits but felt that the chia seed powder left a little after taste in my mouth. So I leave it up to you whether you want it or not. You can also add cashew nuts to these overnight oats. What a treat it is to start the day with a healthy breakfast like this one and have the Tiranga Sandwiches for an afternoon tea or a light lunch, isn’t it?

I am excited and honored to be co- hosting Fiesta Friday this week! I hope to see you at this fun, friendly event where we get to mingle with other bloggers. As a co-host, I look forward to seeing you and visiting your blog and chatting with you. The dishes presented at this fiesta are always amazing with so many talented bloggers contributing. I remember how special I felt when my creations were featured! Do make sure to follow the guidelines and link your post to Angie, Nancy and me and tag your posts Fiesta Friday! I am bringing my Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk to the party! See you there!

Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk

• 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder + ½ cup water
  • 4 tablespoons Quaker quick cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon white chia seed powder (optional)
  • Kiwi sliced, orange segments, blueberries

To make the Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk

1. Combine the coconut milk powder and water. Alternately you may use coconut milk.
  2. Add the oats and chia powder (if using) and combine well. Divide in two bowls. Top with fruit. You may need sugar if the fruit is not sweet.
  3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  4. Enjoy your ready breakfast the next morning!

Enjoy! Happy Independence Day to all my Indian friends!

1. I was just thinking of making this for breakfast but with soy milk. Happy Independence Day to you!

2. I just love breakfasts like this. Healthy, delicious and beautiful! Thank you so much for co-hosting this week!

3. Nancy says:

How can I not love this breakfast? Most of the work is done the night before! It sounds delicious and I LOVE how beautifully your fruit is arranged…it’s like the oats are saying “Good Morning, Sandyha”! I’m so happy to be co-hosting Fiesta Friday with you…I’m off to mingle and have some fun. 🙂

4. ggstratton says:

Lovely breakfast. I love the concept of adding the fruit. Very fresh. 🙂

5. Sadie's Nest says:

A beautiful way to start the day!

6. yum yum! love the combinations 🙂

7. I love coconut milk as well! What a lovely presentation you have with the fruit! 🙂

8. So wonderful you are co hosting the party this week and love the overnight oats, no cooking thats what it’s all about now. Delicious Sandhya!!

9. Rhythm says:

A bright and beautiful way to wake up to on Independence Day 😀loved it.

Thanks so much Rhythm!

10. The more I make oatmeal the more I like it especially with fruit, maybe some nuts and a little sweetener. White chia powder? Never heard of that ingredient – I just throw in the seeds. The powder sounds like a better idea as the chia seeds can be overwhelming sometimes. Thanks for co-hosting this week and have fun with Nancy 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Thanks Judi! I am enjoying the overnight oats as it seems like breakfast is ready for me when I wake up:) I agree, the fruit and nuts make it fun! I found white chia powder at Whole Foods. I feel that it still has a slight after taste.
      I am having so much fun co-hosting with Nancy and enjoying visiting our friends in the blogging community.

11. I’m obsessed with all things coconut! Love this recipe 🙂

Thanks Sarah! I am nuts about coconut too 🙂

12. I have always wanted to try overnight oats! Love how colourful it looks and so beautifully plated! Happy independence day😊

Thanks so much Marisa!

13. Vani says:

Love this idea! I don’t have coconut milk – will try with almond milk instead.

Liked by 2 people

Thanks Vani! I am sure almond milk will taste very good too. I had cashew milk ice cream yesterday and want to try overnight oats in cashew milk too 🙂

14. Good luck as this week’s co-host Sandya – I had so much fun in the role last week!

15. This is a lovely breakfast. It is quite delicious and filling. It provides a beautiful balance of macronutrients as well. I highly recommend trying this wonderful recipe.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much Ruchi!

16. Utkarshini Khanna says:

Pretty!

Thanks Utkarshini!

17. petra08 says:

Hi Sandhya
    Your breakfast looks delicious! I must try this, I have been meaning to for ages to make overnight oats but using coconut milk is inspired! Thank you for sharing and co hosting Fiesta Friday! 🙂

18. Shari says:

I just tried overnight oats for the first time this week. I liked it a lot. What a great idea to use coconut milk instead of regular milk. The fruit looks so pretty on top. You are so right, it would be fun to wake up to this!

Thanks so much Shari!

19. chefjulianna says:

I love the delicious and healthy simplicity of this Sandhya! Thanks so much for co-hosting FF this week! 😀

Thanks so much Julianna!

20. Connie Ngware says:

Thanks for this recipe. Looks nutritious with simple ingredients. I`ll try it! Good luck

Thanks so much Connie!

So colorful, healthy and nutritous Sandhya. I love oatmeal in the winter time, but switch to cereal in the summer as I find it too hot. But I love the coolness of this cereal, and paired with that delicious looking fruit, it had to be a winner. I have never bought chia powder before, but do add the chia seeds to my oatmeal. This will definitely become a staple for me, especially with that powdered coconut milk and probably more nutritious than the rasin bran that I buy. I use the Maggi coconut powder that I get from the Indian store. Beautiful job! Thanks so much for co-hosting, and I’m sorry I wasn’t around to assist, but when I saw that Nancy @ Feasting with Friends was on board with you, I breathe a sigh of relief. She’s such a love – I’ve co-hosted with her too when I was new to it. Perhaps in the future, we can co-host together at a time suitably convenient to both of us, I know I’d like that. You’ve done a brilliant job so far, good on you! 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much Loretta for your kind words! Yes Nancy has been very helpful and so much fun to co-host with. and yes we could co-host in the future too. Hope you had a great weekend with your girls!
      I also used to have the oatmeal in the winter but with the cool overnight oats I tried in coconut milk, I have found my new breakfast favorite in the summer.With all the fresh yummy fruits in season, we could vary the taste too right? I love everything coconut, so am happy to have the coconut milk powder always stocked in my home:)

22. Oh wow! This sounds so lovely! The coconut milk really makes a tropical twist 🙂

Liked by 2 people

Thanks so much! I am happy that both my husband and son loved the overnight oats with coconut milk and these two generally do not like overnight oats 🙂

1. Then it must be so tasty! My fiancé wouldn’t go near anything oaty if he wasn’t under a threat, maybe need to try this on him? Haha.