A scrumptious relish to dip into as you prepare for Thanksgiving! Easy to put together and is vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and figure friendly:)
Appetizers and snacks are a huge part of the holidays at our home. I like to cook together as a family so even as we are preparing the meals, we have various appetizers/ munchies laid out and I find myself snacking the most!
So I am happy to have a figure friendly relish in the mix. This festive and tempting relish goes well with tortilla chips or baked pita crisps and is the most popular dip at parties!
Here is a look at the vegetables and fruit in this quick and easy recipe-
Cranberry Avocado and Pear Relish
- ½ cup fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- ½ green chili pepper, diced very fine (or to taste)
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 ripe pear, cored and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- Juice of ½ lime
- Kosher salt to taste
To make the relish-
- In a bowl, combine the cut cranberries and the sugar. Set it aside while you dice the onion, tomato, green chili pepper, the cilantro leaves, pear and avocado.
- Combine all the diced vegetables and fruit with the cranberries. Add the lime juice and the salt and toss to combine.
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
I have not been to Fiesta Friday in a long time and have missed seeing my friends there. I am joining the party at Angie’s, if she will still have me, with this relish and some chips! It is co-hosted this week by two lovely blogger friends, Loretta and Petra
Have a great weekend all!