Quick and easy candy flowers to impress your Valentine! You can decorate desserts, cupcakes, kheer pudding!
When I had a request to show how I made flowers in some of my other posts, I thought what better time than Valentine’s day to share these quick and easy flowers? You can use them to decorate any desserts you have in mind for your special Valentine! And guess what? You are sure to impress with these easy to make candy flowers!
I made a thick rose flavored kheer and topped it with my roses and some dry fruit. I used chia seed powder instead of the traditional subja seeds.
For the flowers, I use chewy candy, which I microwave for 3 to 4 seconds, just so that it is easy to roll. I roll it on granulated sugar, which prevents it from sticking to the rolling pin and surface and makes it possible to roll the candy as thin as possible. It also helps in shaping the petals and leaves, as it gives it more structure.
Here are the step by step pictures with the description below-
Clockwise- step 1 is the warmed up candy, step 2 candy rolled on granulated sugar and cut in half lengthwise, step 3 rolling into a flower, step 4 – you can make flower picks with the candy so it is easy to stick it in desserts, attach leaves or can cut the bottom for flowers to ‘float’.
I have just rolled a single strip, but you may also cut petals and join them. The candy sticks to itself! No ‘glue’ needed. Another fabulous thing is that these flowers and leaves dry overnight and can be made in advance and stored!
And now for the yummy kheer pudding-
Falooda Flavored Kheer Pudding with Chia
- ¼ cup roasted seviya/ thin vermicelli
- 1 ½ cups milk ( I used 1 percent)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chia seed powder
- 2 drops rose essence
- Pistachios, almonds, raisins for topping
To make the Falooda Flavored Kheer pudding with Chia-
- Combine the roasted seviya, milk and sugar and cook it until the vermicelli is cooked, about 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the seviya.
- Add the chia seed powder and let it cook for another minute. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add the rose essence, stir and serve, topped with dry fruit and the pretty roses!
- Almond milk can also be used instead of dairy milk for a vegan option.
Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine’s day!